Join us at the Astropoetic School of Soul-Discovery
Where your LIfe is the Classroom
- Here you will find basic answers to basic questions you may have about the School.
- If you have any other questions or want some further information after exploring this site, please do not hesitate to email (see left).
- Go here to read more about The School's Unique Approach to Astrology. Learn more about the principles of astrologic, self-observation, cyclical histories, memory work, astropoetics, and other avenues to an exploration of the soul's process.
- To learn more about how I apply the teachings of the School to my personal life, I invite you to subscribe to my blog The Sky is my Mirror.
You could. The School is for anyone who would like to use astrology as a personal language of self-discovery with which to more consciously approach their own soul’s journey.
Will the course tell me who I am and how to live my life?
No one – however well-trained and/or well-intentioned – can do this for anyone else. The teachings offered by The School will encourage you to find your own way into your own life.
The course aims to give you the tools you need to undergo the inward journey, by yourself, for yourself, within a nurturing, encouraging context of non-judgmental group support.
Do I need to know anything about astrology?
You don't need any knowledge of astrology. Since our approach is quite different to that which is normally taught, having no prior astrological ideology may even be an advantage.
All students, regardless of experience, will be encouraged to reconsider basic astrological principles in light of the astropoetic perspective.
What is the difference between this and other astrology training courses?
The difference between astrology and astropoetics is largely a matter of attitude (see What is Astropoetics).
There are also important differences in technique and approach. The School teaches astropoetic principles and techniques and their application to the soul’s journey.
Will I learn any traditional astrology?
The course draws upon the wisdom of the collective astrological tradition but filters its teachings through a practice that values:
- open-minded exploration above dogma
- subjective truth above objective knowledge
- whole-brain/body awareness above intellectual understanding
- application of self-knowledge toward personal growth above information gathering
Do you train professional astrologers?
The School is not concerned with training professionals, though this course would be an excellent support for that. Self-study is essential preparation for working astrologically with others.
I am a professional astrologer - does your course have anything to offer me?
Professional astrologers and those aspiring to be professionals are welcome, with the understanding that it is your own soul growth that will serve as the pivot point of your study.
Do you only offer online training?
For your convenience, the Basic and Advanced courses are correspondence courses. However, all students are asked to participate in an Annual Gathering. We also offer Mobile Workshops (see left-hand sidebar) that are open to students and non-students.
More questions? Email (see left).
Read more about The School's Unique Approach to Astrology, including learning the principles of astrologic, practising self-observation, and exploring soul process and spiritual growth.