The Astropoetics School of Soul-Discovery takes uniquely personal approach:
- The complete Basic Course includes 24 downloadable Lessons with homework (allow 2-4 h/lesson).
- After each lesson a 90-minute phone Consultation facilitates your understanding.
- Students complete about 6 lessons per year, taking around 4 years to cover the entire course. See Application for more.
- Those with experience of astrology may be able to skip certain lessons and/or move on to a more advanced course, pending the Advanced Placement Exam.
- All students will gather once a year for a 3-day workshop to interact with other students and practice what they are learning.
- Computer and internet access to complete and send assignments
- Phone access for consultations (phone charged paid by student)
- At least 4 hours of time per month to devote to soul discovery
Written Lessons With Homework
Each lesson includes a discussion of the astro-logic related to a particular aspect of the astrological language, plus a homework assignment designed to give you practice in the application of astro-logical principles to your own life process.
To do the homework in a thoughtful way, allow about 4 hours per lesson. However, the assignments are designed to be more an opening into a particular line of inquiry than a demonstration of mastery and could absorb as much of your time as you willing to put into it.
After you have completed and submitted the homework to a lesson, a phone consultation is arranged to discuss the homework, provide feedback, correct any mistakes or misunderstandings and help you see how the principles presented in the lesson apply to your chart and life process.
Each 90-minute phone consultation addresses real life issues and concerns from the perspective of the material being studied. We'll focus in depth on one piece of your chart, making a correlation between the astrological symbolism being studied and your own relevant life experience.
You'll be encouraged to continue to explore these connections through informal assignments and suggestions, as a result of any insights that emerge during the consultation.
Each lesson – including study of written materials, response to homework and phone consultation – is designed to encompass 2 months worth of work.
Daily JournalIt is highly recommended that you keep a daily journal. Having journal entries to supplement memories and record observations will be an invaluable tool in understanding astrology from the intimately personal perspective adopted in this course.
- Some students may find this user-friendly software available from Life Journal helpful.
All students are expected to read The Seven Gates of Soul – which outlines the philosophical basis for the astropoetic approach to astrology presented in the lessons – within the first year of their study with The School.
- Students who sign up and pay in full for a year of the course will receive a free copy of Seven Gates.
- All students will receive an additional 20% discount on other books published by Ancient Tower Press.